Four Soroptimist International clubs on the central coast — Capitola-By-The-Sea, Carmel Bay, Salinas and Watsonville —are partnering for the first time with Girls Inc. of the Central Coast to co-host a one-day conference titled “Dream It, Be it: Career Success for Girls” on June 17 at Cal State Monterey Bay.
About 70 girls in secondary school are expected to attend the conference, which will feature a workshop using a newly designed Soroptimist curriculum to educate girls about professional career options. It provides girls facing obstacles to success with access to professional role models, career education and the resources to live their dreams.
- Tuesday, June 30 – Membership Mixer – 5 p.m. @ It’s Wine Tyme, 312 Capitola Ave., Capitola
- Tuesday, July 7 – She’s at Shadowbrook Social – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 14 – Monthly Business Meeting – 6 p.m. at IHOP Restaurant, 1549 41st Ave, Capitola. Email email@example.com for more info
- Tuesday, July 28 – Monthly Speaker Meeting – 6 p.m. at IHOP Restaurant, 1549 41st Ave, Capitola. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- We’ve launched the first Santa Cruz County Women’s Business Directory and want YOU to be a part of it. If you own or run a business in SC County, click here to fill out a Survey or view the Directory and be included…it’s FREE!
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
A global volunteer organization working to improve the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment.
Soroptimist membership connects women to each other, to their local communities and to the world community. We focus on issues such as domestic violence, poverty, sexual harassment, inequities in the workplace, and other challenges unique to today’s women.
Interesting in meeting us and getting involved in all our fabulous projects? Learn how to Join Soroptimist International of Capitola-by-the-Sea here. See you soon!
Soroptimist International of Capitola By-the-Sea is registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Soroptimist International of Capitola By-the-Seas’ tax identification number is 94-9771973.